Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET 2.0 learn curve !

ASP.NET 2.0 learn curve !

abcd

I am ASP programmer and did little bit programming in ASP.NET 1.1. Now I
want to move ASP.NET 2.0. Whats the quick, systematic way to learn ASP.NET
2.0 in less amount of time.

Thanks

Juan T. Llibre

re:
> Whats the quick, systematic way to learn ASP.NET 2.0 in less amount of time.

Start coding with it.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================
"abcd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am ASP programmer and did little bit programming in ASP.NET 1.1. Now I want to move ASP.NET 2.0.
>Whats the quick, systematic way to learn ASP.NET 2.0 in less amount of time.
>
> Thanks

Paolo De Nictolis, Eng. [441410]

I premise Dino Esposito is a friend and a colleague, but is also a
recognized member of developers community and an MSDN contributor, so I can
easily suggest his "Programming Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 Core Reference"
(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/073...lance&n=283155)
and his following book, "Programming ASP.NET 2.0 Applications--Advanced
Topics".

Paolo De Nictolis, Eng. - 441410

"abcd" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am ASP programmer and did little bit programming in ASP.NET 1.1. Now I
>want to move ASP.NET 2.0. Whats the quick, systematic way to learn ASP.NET
>2.0 in less amount of time.
>
> Thanks

HK

Find a book that clearly explains the differences between 1.1 and 2.0 --
such as Master Pages, and code publishing.

But this learning curve should be fairly easy if you were comfortable with
1.1. The change from ASP to ASP.NET was much much more substantial.

You have to dive in, but get some book to explain the differences.

"abcd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am ASP programmer and did little bit programming in ASP.NET 1.1. Now I
> want to move ASP.NET 2.0. Whats the quick, systematic way to learn ASP.NET
> 2.0 in less amount of time.
>
> Thanks

abcd

Any samples anywhere?

Thanks

Juan T. Llibre wrote:
> re:
>> Whats the quick, systematic way to learn ASP.NET 2.0 in less amount
>> of time.

> Start coding with it.
>

> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> ===================================
> "abcd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I am ASP programmer and did little bit programming in ASP.NET 1.1.
>> Now I want to move ASP.NET 2.0. Whats the quick, systematic way to
>> learn ASP.NET 2.0 in less amount of time. Thanks

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Here are some articles about many of the new ASP.NET 2.0 features:
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ASP2Controls.aspx
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/SecureYourSite.aspx
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/SiteMaps.aspx
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/Ajax.aspx

and the web is filled with more info if you search for it.

Also, here's a good book on ASP.NET 2.0 if you want to go in depth:
ASP.NET 2.0 Cookbook
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...&link_code=as1

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

"abcd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am ASP programmer and did little bit programming in ASP.NET 1.1. Now I
>want to move ASP.NET 2.0. Whats the quick, systematic way to learn ASP.NET
>2.0 in less amount of time.
>
> Thanks

Juan T. Llibre

The .NET Framework 2.0 SDK is a good place to start :

That will install a zillion 2.0 samples in your computer.

If you want to preview them online, se :
http://asp.net/quickstart/aspnet/Default.aspx

If you want to develop 2.0 Web Services, see :
http://www.asp.net/QuickStart/webservices/

The Visual Studio 2005 Starter Kits have a lot of examples :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/do...s/starterkits/

For .Net Framework 2.0 references, it's hard to beat the ClassBrowser :
http://www.asp.net/QuickStart/util/classbrowser.aspx

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================
"abcd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any samples anywhere?
>
> Thanks

> Juan T. Llibre wrote:
>> re:
>>> Whats the quick, systematic way to learn ASP.NET 2.0 in less amount
>>> of time.

>> Start coding with it.
>>

>> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
>> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
>> foros de asp.net, en espaņol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
>> ===================================
>> "abcd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I am ASP programmer and did little bit programming in ASP.NET 1.1.
>>> Now I want to move ASP.NET 2.0. Whats the quick, systematic way to
>>> learn ASP.NET 2.0 in less amount of time. Thanks

bill

I learned a lot from the walkthroughs in the Visual Studio documentation.

"abcd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am ASP programmer and did little bit programming in ASP.NET 1.1. Now I
>want to move ASP.NET 2.0. Whats the quick, systematic way to learn ASP.NET
>2.0 in less amount of time.
>
> Thanks

Mark Rae

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> re:
>> Whats the quick, systematic way to learn ASP.NET 2.0 in less amount of
>> time.

> Start coding with it.

I couldn't agree more!

Kevin Spencer

I just want to add that if you're coming from an ASP background, you should
be aware that there is *no* "quick" way to learn ASP.Net. It is an order of
magnitude more powerful, and an order of magnitude more difficult to learn.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
Professional Numbskull

Show me your certification without works,
and I'll show my certification
*by* my works.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...