Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET 2.0 Website Administration Tool

ASP.NET 2.0 Website Administration Tool

John

Hi

Can ASP.NET 2.0 Website Administration Tool be packaged with an application
so clients can manage their own users? If not is an alternative available?

Thanks

Regards

Juan T. Llibre

All the code is there for you to adapt and use at your convenience.

drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ ASP.NETWebAdminFiles

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
foros de asp.net, en espa˝ol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
===================================
"John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> Can ASP.NET 2.0 Website Administration Tool be packaged with an application so clients can manage
> their own users? If not is an alternative available?
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards

=?Utf-8?B?RGFiYmxlcg==?=

Can I just push the asp.netwebadminfiles folder to my hosting server's
application root folder and use the ..\security\secuirty.aspx page as is?

"Juan T. Llibre" wrote:

> All the code is there for you to adapt and use at your convenience.
>
> drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ ASP.NETWebAdminFiles
>

> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> foros de asp.net, en espa├▒ol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
> ===================================
> "John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> >
> > Can ASP.NET 2.0 Website Administration Tool be packaged with an application so clients can manage
> > their own users? If not is an alternative available?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Regards

Erik Funkenbusch

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 11:42:01 -0700, Dabbler wrote:

> Can I just push the asp.netwebadminfiles folder to my hosting server's
> application root folder and use the ..\security\secuirty.aspx page as is?

Probably not. There seems to be a number of problems getting this to work
remotely.

You might, however, be interested in this:

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archi...09/434925.aspx

=?Utf-8?B?RGFiYmxlcg==?=

Thanks Eric, that code was just what I was looking for. Now if I can only get
it to work on my hosted site (works locally but I get "That assembly does not
allow partially trusted callers" when trying to run Atlas (ajax) on the
hosted server).