Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > CreateUserWizard ignores StartNavigationTemplate?

CreateUserWizard ignores StartNavigationTemplate?

=?Utf-8?B?QmVuIFIu?=

Seems like CreateUserWizard flat out ignores StartNavigationTemplate. Not
sure why the designer bothers to offer for you to edit it, but even when you
specifiy this, it doesn't seem to be used. Is this simply inherited from
Wizard? Seems the only Navigation that this step will pay attention to is a
CustomNavigationTemplate. Does this step simply not fall under the category
of StartNavigationTemplate?

-Ben

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Ben,

Welcome to the ASP.NET newsgroup.

Regarding on the CreateUserWizard control, it is a sub control derived form
the Wizard control ,and most of the Templates (include the
"StartNavigationTemplate" is derived from Wizard control). The
"StartNavigationTemplate" is used to customize the WizardStep which is
marked as "Start" step in the Wizard control:

#Wizard.StartNavigationTemplate Property
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...rols.wizard.st
artnavigationtemplate.aspx

And as for the CreateUserWizard control, it generally only use the
"CreateUserWizardStep" rather than other custom step, so the
"StartNavigationTemplate" won't take effect unless we manually add some
other WizardSteps(marked as StepType="Start" ) in the CreateUserWizard
control's wizardStep collection.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

=?Utf-8?B?QmVuIFIu?=

Thanks Steven!

-Ben

"Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> Welcome to the ASP.NET newsgroup.
>
> Regarding on the CreateUserWizard control, it is a sub control derived form
> the Wizard control ,and most of the Templates (include the
> "StartNavigationTemplate" is derived from Wizard control). The
> "StartNavigationTemplate" is used to customize the WizardStep which is
> marked as "Start" step in the Wizard control:
>
> #Wizard.StartNavigationTemplate Property
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...rols.wizard.st
> artnavigationtemplate.aspx
>
> And as for the CreateUserWizard control, it generally only use the
> "CreateUserWizardStep" rather than other custom step, so the
> "StartNavigationTemplate" won't take effect unless we manually add some
> other WizardSteps(marked as StepType="Start" ) in the CreateUserWizard
> control's wizardStep collection.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Regards,
>
> Steven Cheng