Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Session variable is lost between ASP & ASP.NET pages

Session variable is lost between ASP & ASP.NET pages

=?Utf-8?B?Z2xlbm4=?=

Hi folks,

I must be missing something here. I have an ASP page that I create a
Session variable in as follows.

Session ("name")="Joe"

In an ASP.NET page in the same project and the same session, I call the
Session variable as follows:

Dim str As String
str = Session("name")

When I do a Response.Write (str), nothing writes to the screen.

Any thoughts on what is happening here would be appreciated

sloan

Uhhhh....

Yeah , that is what it will do. It doesn't work like that.

You can check this out
http://www.asp101.com/articles/sidne...te/default.asp

but .... the thing surprising you, isn't surprising at all. They are
different technologies...
with nothing but the phrase "asp" in common.

"glenn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi folks,
>
> I must be missing something here. I have an ASP page that I create a
> Session variable in as follows.
>
> Session ("name")="Joe"
>
> In an ASP.NET page in the same project and the same session, I call the
> Session variable as follows:
>
> Dim str As String
> str = Session("name")
>
> When I do a Response.Write (str), nothing writes to the screen.
>
> Any thoughts on what is happening here would be appreciated

Juan T. Llibre

re:
>nothing but the phrase "asp" in common

Absolutely...

The seminal work on sharing session state between ASP and ASP.NET is :

"How to Share Session State Between Classic ASP and ASP.NET"
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...rttoaspnet.asp

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/