Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Debugging ASPNET 1.1 WebApp Running On IIS with Framework 2.0

Debugging ASPNET 1.1 WebApp Running On IIS with Framework 2.0

Ing. Davide Piras

Hi there,
we have a big web application wrote in Visual Studio .NET 2003 (Framework
1.1) which we still use to modify, evolve and compile all the assemblies...

on IIS we are trying to set the .NET Framework version to 2.0 for runtime
(we've read that we can get up to 30% of performance increase, is it
true???), the problem is that we cannot debug with Visual Studio.NET 2003,
we get error at the launch of the web app...

in the same development machine is installed Visual Studio 2005 with all the
Framework and SDK of the .NET 2.0, I think we cannot debug with Visual
Studio 2005 because our solutions and projects are written in VS.NET 2003

any idea about how to debug while running with the .NET Framework 2.0 our
1.1 assemblies ?!?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my poor English!

Davide.

Anthony Merante

My english is worse so dont worry

Try this and see if it helps:

Go into your IIS and right click web sites and choose properties

Go to the asp.net Tab and select Framework version 1.1

then try and debugg your app.

See if that helps you
-Tony

"Ing. Davide Piras" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
> we have a big web application wrote in Visual Studio .NET 2003 (Framework
> 1.1) which we still use to modify, evolve and compile all the
> assemblies...
>
> on IIS we are trying to set the .NET Framework version to 2.0 for runtime
> (we've read that we can get up to 30% of performance increase, is it
> true???), the problem is that we cannot debug with Visual Studio.NET 2003,
> we get error at the launch of the web app...
>
> in the same development machine is installed Visual Studio 2005 with all
> the Framework and SDK of the .NET 2.0, I think we cannot debug with Visual
> Studio 2005 because our solutions and projects are written in VS.NET 2003
>
> any idea about how to debug while running with the .NET Framework 2.0 our
> 1.1 assemblies ?!?
>
> Thanks a lot and sorry for my poor English!
>
> Davide.

Ing. Davide Piras

Hi Tony,

> Go into your IIS and right click web sites and choose properties
> Go to the asp.net Tab and select Framework version 1.1

Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

But my applications works well with 1.1 so I don't need to debug it, it
breaks some pages while running in 2.0 runtime so I need to debug it in THAT
scenario!!

thanks anyway, Davide.