Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Making My first ASP.Net Web Application.

Making My first ASP.Net Web Application.

=?Utf-8?B?SHVzYW0=?=

Hi EveryBody:

I am trying to make A new project by using Vb.Net 2003 every time I tried to
open New ASP.Net Web application I got This message:

Visual Studio.Net Has detected that the Specified Web server is not running
ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.Net Web Application or
services.

Keep in mind my localhost srever working well.

Any help or redirection to solve this satuation will be appreciated

regard's

Husam

sloan

You need to install IIS

Start / Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs / Windows /

Find IIS of Internet Information Services, and install that.

Because you installed IIS ~after VS2003 (dot net), you need to search for
the fix it for this.

"Husam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi EveryBody:
>
> I am trying to make A new project by using Vb.Net 2003 every time I tried

> open New ASP.Net Web application I got This message:
>
> Visual Studio.Net Has detected that the Specified Web server is not

running
> ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.Net Web Application or
> services.
>
> Keep in mind my localhost srever working well.
>
> Any help or redirection to solve this satuation will be appreciated
>
> regard's
>
> Husam

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

You need IIS installed, then you may need to repair your IIS Mappings as
detailed here:
http://SteveOrr.net/faq/3in1.aspx

--
I hope this helps,