Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Writing to a frameset causes the frameset to resize

Reply
Thread Tools

Writing to a frameset causes the frameset to resize

 
 
xzzy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-23-2006
VS 2003, code behind is C#

Situation:

1. a webpage has 4 frames:

TOP
LEFT RIGHT
BOTTOM


2. RIGHT frame has 2 frames: ONE, TWO


3. The only interaction between frames is in one direction from LEFT to
RIGHT.


4. depending upon which button is pressed in the LEFT frame, the RIGHT
frame is overwritten with a new source, in either case, a .htm page that has
2 frames: ONE, TWO ( both .aspx pages )


5. The first time the RIGHT frame is changed, everything is okay. The
second time, regardless of which .htm page is selected to overwrite the
RIGHT frame, the frames in RIGHT ( ONE and TWO ) change sizes.


6. The above happens regardless of whether the update is done with a
Response.Write, Response.WriteFile, Server.Transfer,
using the , true) , false) or don't care settings, and it doen't matter
if the .aspx pages in ONE and TWO either have code behind that does
something, or the codebehind is just the boilerplate stuff VS puts in when a
..aspx page is created in VS.


Question: How to prevent the 2 frames in RIGHT from resizing by them selves?


John Bickmore



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ward Bekker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-23-2006
Hi John,

How do they change in size? 50 / 50 becomes 40 / 60 ?

--
Ward Bekker
"Asp.Net Discussions for the Professional Developer"
http://www.dotnettaxi.com

"Free .Net 2.0 C# to/from VB.Net Code Converter"
http://www.dotnettaxi.com/Tools/Converter.aspx
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bruce Barker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-23-2006
don't reload the frameset on the right, just the source of its 2 frames.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"xzzy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> VS 2003, code behind is C#
>
> Situation:
>
> 1. a webpage has 4 frames:
>
> TOP
> LEFT RIGHT
> BOTTOM
>
>
> 2. RIGHT frame has 2 frames: ONE, TWO
>
>
> 3. The only interaction between frames is in one direction from LEFT to
> RIGHT.
>
>
> 4. depending upon which button is pressed in the LEFT frame, the RIGHT
> frame is overwritten with a new source, in either case, a .htm page that
> has
> 2 frames: ONE, TWO ( both .aspx pages )
>
>
> 5. The first time the RIGHT frame is changed, everything is okay. The
> second time, regardless of which .htm page is selected to overwrite the
> RIGHT frame, the frames in RIGHT ( ONE and TWO ) change sizes.
>
>
> 6. The above happens regardless of whether the update is done with a
> Response.Write, Response.WriteFile, Server.Transfer,
> using the , true) , false) or don't care settings, and it doen't
> matter
> if the .aspx pages in ONE and TWO either have code behind that does
> something, or the codebehind is just the boilerplate stuff VS puts in when
> a
> .aspx page is created in VS.
>
>
> Question: How to prevent the 2 frames in RIGHT from resizing by them
> selves?
>
>
> John Bickmore
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
xzzy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-23-2006
the second write to the frame causes them to change from 40 / 60 to 50 / 50,
and it remains 50 / 50 thereafter.

John Bickmore

"Ward Bekker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dvts3t$3pi$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi John,
>
> How do they change in size? 50 / 50 becomes 40 / 60 ?
>
> --
> Ward Bekker
> "Asp.Net Discussions for the Professional Developer"
> http://www.dotnettaxi.com
>
> "Free .Net 2.0 C# to/from VB.Net Code Converter"
> http://www.dotnettaxi.com/Tools/Converter.aspx



 
Reply With Quote
 
xzzy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-23-2006
I think I am a javascript dummy because:

top.frames["TOP"].frames["RIGHT"].document.href = 'abc.aspx'

doesn't work

John Bickmore


"Bruce Barker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> don't reload the frameset on the right, just the source of its 2 frames.
>
> -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
>
> "xzzy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > VS 2003, code behind is C#
> >
> > Situation:
> >
> > 1. a webpage has 4 frames:
> >
> > TOP
> > LEFT RIGHT
> > BOTTOM
> >
> >
> > 2. RIGHT frame has 2 frames: ONE, TWO
> >
> >
> > 3. The only interaction between frames is in one direction from LEFT to
> > RIGHT.
> >
> >
> > 4. depending upon which button is pressed in the LEFT frame, the RIGHT
> > frame is overwritten with a new source, in either case, a .htm page that
> > has
> > 2 frames: ONE, TWO ( both .aspx pages )
> >
> >
> > 5. The first time the RIGHT frame is changed, everything is okay. The
> > second time, regardless of which .htm page is selected to overwrite the
> > RIGHT frame, the frames in RIGHT ( ONE and TWO ) change sizes.
> >
> >
> > 6. The above happens regardless of whether the update is done with a
> > Response.Write, Response.WriteFile, Server.Transfer,
> > using the , true) , false) or don't care settings, and it doen't
> > matter
> > if the .aspx pages in ONE and TWO either have code behind that does
> > something, or the codebehind is just the boilerplate stuff VS puts in

when
> > a
> > .aspx page is created in VS.
> >
> >
> > Question: How to prevent the 2 frames in RIGHT from resizing by them
> > selves?
> >
> >
> > John Bickmore
> >
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
word resize problem in frameset dragooon ASP .Net 4 02-13-2007 01:50 AM
How to resize all images sizes and coordinates of the images on resize browser rams.kakara@gmail.com ASP General 2 02-13-2005 09:03 AM
Frameset, Selected Index, Target Frameset relchatt@comcast.net ASP .Net 0 09-29-2004 09:37 PM
Programmatically Resize Frameset Dimensions Major Johnson ASP .Net 1 07-14-2004 09:28 PM
How do you make sure a frameset is loaded? I'm trying to open a frameset in a new window which shows a specific html page in a specific frame ck388 Javascript 1 09-24-2003 08:32 PM



Advertisments