Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Installing ASP.NET

Installing ASP.NET

Elizabeth

I have .NET 2002 and 2003 installed on my dev machine; somehow it seems I am
not set up to run ASP.NET on the dev machine. IIS is there and I configured
it to handle .aspx extensions with aspnet_isapi.dll ... but it doesn't work.
Apparently, when I installed VS both times I didn't want to do ASP.NET on
the dev machine ... now I do

so what do I have to do now to get it installed ?

thanks ...

Mark Rae

"Elizabeth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> so what do I have to do now to get it installed ?

Well, you could start by explaining how you know it doesn't work...

Elizabeth

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Elizabeth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > so what do I have to do now to get it installed ?

> Well, you could start by explaining how you know it doesn't work...

Requests for .ASPX pages yield a HTTP 500 -- Internal Server Error ....
requests for .ASP pages work fine

Juan T. Llibre

have you tried executing

aspnet_regiis -i

from a command window in the .Net Framework directory ?

drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322

If the .net framework is installed but isn't registered, that will get it registered with IIS.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================
"Elizabeth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have .NET 2002 and 2003 installed on my dev machine; somehow it seems I am
> not set up to run ASP.NET on the dev machine. IIS is there and I configured
> it to handle .aspx extensions with aspnet_isapi.dll ... but it doesn't work.
> Apparently, when I installed VS both times I didn't want to do ASP.NET on
> the dev machine ... now I do
>
> so what do I have to do now to get it installed ?
>
> thanks ...

Elizabeth

news:u0x#(E-Mail Removed)...
> have you tried executing
>
> aspnet_regiis -i
>
> from a command window in the .Net Framework directory ?

BINGO ! Thank you, Juan .. you have no doubt saved me many, many hours
of frustration and aggravation ....

Elizabeth

Juan T. Llibre

I'm glad to have zeroed in on the problem, Elizabeth,
and I'm quite glad you're up and running.