Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.

ian

This morning I upgraded the .net framework on our development web
server from 1.1 to version 2.0. Then I ran aspnet_regiis -i from the
v2.0 folder. I ran several tests and everything looked OK until I
tried running the remote debugger on my machine. I get the following
error:

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server.

I was able to run remote debugging just fine from my local machine
before I ran regiis. What do I need to do to get this working again?

Thanks

George Ter-Saakov

Had similar problem with my machine, Used local debugging and not remote
though.

go to IIS management console and check what version of .NET your application
is set to run with. Right click on app folder and choose properties, then
ASP.NET tab.

If its set to .NET 2.0 then you can not debug it with VS 2003.

George

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...