Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Cleaning out cache

Cleaning out cache

History Fan

Is there an extension available that will automatically clean out the
cache for Firefox 1.07 when the browser is closed?

Leonidas Jones

History Fan wrote:
> Is there an extension available that will automatically clean out the
> cache for Firefox 1.07 when the browser is closed?

Not that I am aware of. The Preferences Toolbar has a clear cache
button. Or you could set the cache to 0, effectively disabling it.

Lee

Jedi Fans

On 15/11/05 18:37, Leonidas Jones scribbled:
> History Fan wrote:
>> Is there an extension available that will automatically clean
>> out the cache for Firefox 1.07 when the browser is closed?
>>

> Not that I am aware of. The Preferences Toolbar has a clear cache
> button. Or you could set the cache to 0, effectively disabling it.
>
> Lee

Fx1.5RC2 has the option to clear private data on firefox closing, you
could set that up to just empty cache...

--
Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
The Force Is With Me, SUSE Linux 10.0, Mozilla Firefox 1.5 RC1, Mozilla

gwtc

Jedi Fans wrote:

> On 15/11/05 18:37, Leonidas Jones scribbled:
>
>> History Fan wrote:
>>
>>> Is there an extension available that will automatically clean
>>> out the cache for Firefox 1.07 when the browser is closed?
>>>

>> Not that I am aware of. The Preferences Toolbar has a clear cache
>> button. Or you could set the cache to 0, effectively disabling it.
>>
>> Lee

> Fx1.5RC2 has the option to clear private data on firefox closing, you
> could set that up to just empty cache...

.. . . otherwise, it may wipe out all your passwords, etc

Leonidas Jones

Jedi Fans wrote:
> On 15/11/05 18:37, Leonidas Jones scribbled:
>> History Fan wrote:
>>> Is there an extension available that will automatically clean
>>> out the cache for Firefox 1.07 when the browser is closed?
>>>

>> Not that I am aware of. The Preferences Toolbar has a clear cache
>> button. Or you could set the cache to 0, effectively disabling it.
>>
>> Lee

> Fx1.5RC2 has the option to clear private data on firefox closing, you
> could set that up to just empty cache...

You are correct of course, though the OP did specify 1.0.7.

Lee

Jedi Fans

On 16/11/05 01:52, Leonidas Jones scribbled:
> Jedi Fans wrote:
>>>>

>>> Not that I am aware of. The Preferences Toolbar has a clear cache
>>> button. Or you could set the cache to 0, effectively disabling it.
>>>
>>> Lee

>> Fx1.5RC2 has the option to clear private data on firefox closing, you
>> could set that up to just empty cache...
>>

> You are correct of course, though the OP did specify 1.0.7.
>
> Lee

was just a notification to them that the feature was on it's way