Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > New session on absolute paths?

New session on absolute paths?

Jens Weiermann

Hi,

I've recently modified my asp.net web application to place some files in
subfolders. To accomplish that, I've changed link urls to an absolute path,
i. e. "/myapp/somefile.aspx" instead of "somefile.aspx". When doing so, I
noticed that when the user clicks one of the absolute paths, he'll be
assigned a new session id. This introduces some problems as I've placed
some code in the session_onstart event of the application.
Is this expected behavior?

Jens