Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Dropdownlist in usercontrol doesn't fire

Dropdownlist in usercontrol doesn't fire

=?Utf-8?B?S2lt?=

I have a user control with 3 dropdownlist when a user selects the first
listbox based on his/her selection the 2 listbox will load based off
the users selection from the 2nd listbox the 3rd listbox will load. My
problem is the first listbox works but when the user selects the 2nd
listbox the event fires but not in the selectedindexchange event all of
the dropdownlist have autopostback set to true. I have debug and found
that when I select an item in the 2nd listbox it post back to the page
but never fires the dropdownlist2 it does however fires the first
dropdownlist1. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

=?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGxpcCBXaWxsaWFtcw==?=

http://www.societopia.net/samples/dy...viewstate.aspx
--
HTH,
Phillip Williams

"Kim" wrote:

> I have a user control with 3 dropdownlist when a user selects the first
> listbox based on his/her selection the 2 listbox will load based off
> the users selection from the 2nd listbox the 3rd listbox will load. My
> problem is the first listbox works but when the user selects the 2nd
> listbox the event fires but not in the selectedindexchange event all of
> the dropdownlist have autopostback set to true. I have debug and found
> that when I select an item in the 2nd listbox it post back to the page
> but never fires the dropdownlist2 it does however fires the first
> dropdownlist1. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

=?Utf-8?B?S2lt?=

Ok thanks but the website you sent me to didn't have any code or explanation
on how or why my dropdownlist on my usercontrol is acting that specific way

"Phillip Williams" wrote:

> http://www.societopia.net/samples/dy...viewstate.aspx
> --
> HTH,
> Phillip Williams
> http://www.societopia.net
> http://www.webswapp.com
>

> "Kim" wrote:
>
> > I have a user control with 3 dropdownlist when a user selects the first
> > listbox based on his/her selection the 2 listbox will load based off
> > the users selection from the 2nd listbox the 3rd listbox will load. My
> > problem is the first listbox works but when the user selects the 2nd
> > listbox the event fires but not in the selectedindexchange event all of
> > the dropdownlist have autopostback set to true. I have debug and found
> > that when I select an item in the 2nd listbox it post back to the page
> > but never fires the dropdownlist2 it does however fires the first
> > dropdownlist1. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

=?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGxpcCBXaWxsaWFtcw==?=

Kim,

You probably missed the links to the source code at the bottom of the page
whose link I gave you.

The concept is to create the controls on 2 stages: 1) initialization: where
you define the controls markup, 2) populating the controls with data. The
first has to happen during the controls initialization stage whereas the
second can happen while consuming an event from another control.

--
HTH,
Phillip Williams