Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Can we find out IP address?

Can we find out IP address?

=?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?=

Hi, guys,

Do we have a .net function to find out what is the IP address of IIS server?

Thanks.

Winista

See if this helps..

http://www.netomatix.com/machineip.aspx

--
Netomatix
http://www.netomatix.com
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, guys,
>
> Do we have a .net function to find out what is the IP address of IIS
> server?
>
> Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?=

thanks...

"Winista" wrote:

> See if this helps..
>
> http://www.netomatix.com/machineip.aspx
>

> --
> Netomatix
> http://www.netomatix.com
> "Andrew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi, guys,
> >
> > Do we have a .net function to find out what is the IP address of IIS
> > server?
> >
> > Thanks.

Juan T. Llibre

That sounds unnecessarily complicated.

Just use :

Request.UserHostAddress.ToString()
or
Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR")

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================
"Winista" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> See if this helps..
>
> http://www.netomatix.com/machineip.aspx
>

> --
> Netomatix
> http://www.netomatix.com
> "Andrew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi, guys,
>>
>> Do we have a .net function to find out what is the IP address of IIS server?
>>
>> Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?RWx0b24gVw==?=

If you look for the application host, you can use

Request.Url.Host

If you look for requester's IP, use

Request.UserHostAddress (if the request comes through a proxy server, you
might need Request.ServerVariables["HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR"])

HTH

Elton Wang