Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Crossposting filter

Crossposting filter

William Hanson

I'm using Thunderbird 1.0.6 as a newsreader, and one of my gripes is
off-topic crap posted to many newsgroups. Is there a way to filter out
posts that are cross-posted to more than, say, three newsgroups? A way
to filter out posts that are cross-posted to specific newsgroups?

Stubby

William Hanson wrote:
> I'm using Thunderbird 1.0.6 as a newsreader, and one of my gripes is
> off-topic crap posted to many newsgroups. Is there a way to filter out
> posts that are cross-posted to more than, say, three newsgroups? A way
> to filter out posts that are cross-posted to specific newsgroups?

Great idea and much needed. I want to flush anything posted more than
once so maybe the function should let me set the level of cross posting
to filter out. And, whether to filter multiple posts in addition to
cross posts.

Setting follow up for crossposting The Dude Firefox 2 06-29-2004 09:02 AM
Crossposting. Kevin McMurtrie Digital Photography 17 04-13-2004 02:45 PM
Crossposting S. Digital Photography 12 04-13-2004 01:04 AM
"Mass crossposting must contain followups". Eh? Anton Gysen Firefox 2 04-03-2004 07:42 PM
"Mass crossposting must contain followups" error from news server jfr Computer Support 68 01-04-2004 02:12 PM

Advertisments