Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Error 38 Metadata file 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Tem porary ASP.NET Files\website\00fde41c\efd931db\App_Web__cgopktn.d ll' could not be found

Error 38 Metadata file 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Tem porary ASP.NET Files\website\00fde41c\efd931db\App_Web__cgopktn.d ll' could not be found

craigkenisston@hotmail.com

What does it mean ?
I have this error when doing a build, some times, randomly. If I close
everything and reopen the project, then it disappears for a while.

I have started two Asp.Net 2.0 applications, both totally different,
both migrating from Asp.Net 1.0, both give this error randomly when
doing the build.
I get the errors say, 1 time in each 20 builds, so I have to close
everything, clean the cache and open again, then it works fine.
But I wonder if somebody knows where this error come from

Ken Cox - Microsoft MVP

I've seen this too. I tracked it down to Index server running on the
machine. When I shut that off, it went away. Also watch out for virus
scanners getting a hold of the files.

After you reboot, clean out those ASP.NET temporary files... the directory
names like 00fde41c.

ASP.NET will rebuild the folders and files when the page is called next.

Ken

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...