Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Display an HTML object referred to by SQL Server

Display an HTML object referred to by SQL Server

Paul

how can I display an HTML document that has been referred to by a SQL
address? For example, I have a HTML doc called WoofInfo.htm. In a column
in my SQL Server, I have the address a ~/Info/WoofInfo.htm. How can I get
an ASP.Net page to display the contents of the HTML file?

TIA,

Paul

Eliyahu Goldin

Paul,

There is a number of options. How do you want to render the file? To replace
the current page in the same window? In a separate frame? In a popup window?

Eliyahu

news:NKdSf.270$(E-Mail Removed)...
> how can I display an HTML document that has been referred to by a SQL
> address? For example, I have a HTML doc called WoofInfo.htm. In a column
> in my SQL Server, I have the address a ~/Info/WoofInfo.htm. How can I get
> an ASP.Net page to display the contents of the HTML file?
>
> TIA,
>
> Paul

Paul

Thanks.
I would like to have functionality similar to an asp.net label. I have a
FormView with other information, and would like to have it displayed in an
area like a label control (that just displays now the path).

Paolo

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Paul,
>
> There is a number of options. How do you want to render the file? To
> replace the current page in the same window? In a separate frame? In a
> popup window?
>
> Eliyahu

> news:NKdSf.270$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> how can I display an HTML document that has been referred to by a SQL
>> address? For example, I have a HTML doc called WoofInfo.htm. In a
>> column in my SQL Server, I have the address a ~/Info/WoofInfo.htm. How
>> can I get an ASP.Net page to display the contents of the HTML file?
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> Paul

Eliyahu Goldin

I can use an asp.net label. Just read the file content into a string and
assign it to the label's Text property.

Eliyahu

news:HgeSf.76$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks.
> I would like to have functionality similar to an asp.net label. I have a
> FormView with other information, and would like to have it displayed in an
> area like a label control (that just displays now the path).
>
> Paolo
>
> "Eliyahu Goldin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Paul,
>>
>> There is a number of options. How do you want to render the file? To
>> replace the current page in the same window? In a separate frame? In a
>> popup window?
>>
>> Eliyahu
>>
>> "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:NKdSf.270$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> how can I display an HTML document that has been referred to by a SQL
>>> address? For example, I have a HTML doc called WoofInfo.htm. In a
>>> column in my SQL Server, I have the address a ~/Info/WoofInfo.htm. How
>>> can I get an ASP.Net page to display the contents of the HTML file?
>>>
>>> TIA,
>>>
>>> Paul

Paul

Thanks. Can you please show how?

Paul

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I can use an asp.net label. Just read the file content into a string and
>assign it to the label's Text property.
>
> Eliyahu

> news:HgeSf.76$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks.
>> I would like to have functionality similar to an asp.net label. I have a
>> FormView with other information, and would like to have it displayed in
>> an area like a label control (that just displays now the path).
>>
>> Paolo
>>
>> "Eliyahu Goldin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Paul,
>>>
>>> There is a number of options. How do you want to render the file? To
>>> replace the current page in the same window? In a separate frame? In a
>>> popup window?
>>>
>>> Eliyahu
>>>
>>> "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:NKdSf.270$(E-Mail Removed)...

Eliyahu Goldin

string fileName = MapPath(theUrlFromDatabase);
System.IO.StreamReader sr = new System.IO.StreamReader (fileName);
string htmlFromFile = sr.readToEnd();
myLabel.Text = htmlFromFile;

Eliyahu

news:XveSf.78$(E-Mail Removed)...