Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > OT How to email executables through a "protected" account

OT How to email executables through a "protected" account

default

I'd like to be able to send files to my wife's computer. Her ISP's
virus protection just loses the files - executables won't make it.

Renaming the files to txt, or jpg, etc.. won't work either.

Is there a (free) workaround? A direct (attachment) would be best for
me.

Yandos

On 9.11.2005 15:19, default wrote:
> I'd like to be able to send files to my wife's computer. Her ISP's
> virus protection just loses the files - executables won't make it.
>
> Renaming the files to txt, or jpg, etc.. won't work either.
>
> Is there a (free) workaround? A direct (attachment) would be best for
> me.

Yep, pack those files to password protected zip for example, so the
scanner cannot open it Also just packing your files to zip without
password could help.

Y.

mike555

===== You might want to encrypt the files then send them... get
Axcrypt from.. http://axcrypt.sourceforge.net/ .... it's good to
have anyway =====

default

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 16:01:40 +0100, Yandos <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On 9.11.2005 15:19, default wrote:
>> I'd like to be able to send files to my wife's computer. Her ISP's
>> virus protection just loses the files - executables won't make it.
>>
>> Renaming the files to txt, or jpg, etc.. won't work either.
>>
>> Is there a (free) workaround? A direct (attachment) would be best for
>> me.

>Yep, pack those files to password protected zip for example, so the
>scanner cannot open it Also just packing your files to zip without
>password could help.
>
>Y.

Thanks. I've got the file encrypted and will try it.

(I didn't know Power Archiver could encrypt files . . .)

default

On 9 Nov 2005 08:01:19 -0800, "mike555" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> ===== You might want to encrypt the files then send them... get
>Axcrypt from.. http://axcrypt.sourceforge.net/ .... it's good to
>have anyway =====

Looks useful. I'm downloading it now.

Thanks

Yandos

On 10.11.2005 14:18, default wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 16:01:40 +0100, Yandos <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>On 9.11.2005 15:19, default wrote:
>>
>>>I'd like to be able to send files to my wife's computer. Her ISP's
>>>virus protection just loses the files - executables won't make it.
>>>
>>>Renaming the files to txt, or jpg, etc.. won't work either.
>>>
>>>Is there a (free) workaround? A direct (attachment) would be best for
>>>me.

>>Yep, pack those files to password protected zip for example, so the
>>scanner cannot open it Also just packing your files to zip without
>>password could help.
>>
>>Y.

> Thanks. I've got the file encrypted and will try it.
>
> (I didn't know Power Archiver could encrypt files . . .)

also windows xp built in zip archiver can "encrypt", but i'd rather call
it password protect, because the encryption is quite weak (now we're
starting to be really off topic

Y.