Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > .NET 2.0 and namespaces in web apps

.NET 2.0 and namespaces in web apps

Amil

I was reading "Rick Strahl's WebLog" and he mentions that in .net 2.0 web
apps, there are no namespaces (I verified this by creating simple web app).

I converted a VS 2003 web app that had namespaces and the VS 2005 still has
them in there. Should I remove them?

I'm also having an issue dynamically loading user controls and think it
might have to do with the use of namespaces.

Amil

Rob R. Ainscough

Too funny,

I just bumped into the same problem with my VS 2005 app that was converted
from VS 2003.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/re...net.asp#issue1

This might help you understand the issue and some ways to work around it
(not clean ways).

Rob.

"Amil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was reading "Rick Strahl's WebLog" and he mentions that in .net 2.0 web
>apps, there are no namespaces (I verified this by creating simple web app).
>
> I converted a VS 2003 web app that had namespaces and the VS 2005 still
> has them in there. Should I remove them?
>
> I'm also having an issue dynamically loading user controls and think it
> might have to do with the use of namespaces.
>
> Amil

Amil

Rob,

Thanks for the link. This reiterated the proper use of doing a LoadControl.
Specifically, it indicates that the "Reference Control" directive should be
used. When I use just this directive, I still get my exceptions, but only
sporatically (can't figure out why they start). If I add an additional
"Register" directive (by dragging the control to the page, then deleting it
so that the directive has the correct syntax), then my problem appears to go
away for good. Hum... It is most confusing since I have other pages that
only have the Reference directive and they appear to work fine. I've seen
stuff about cleaning up the .NET cache and restarting IIS. I've tried that,
but without the Register, it seems to come back after a bit.

Amil

news:(E-Mail Removed)...