Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Fasterfox extension

Fasterfox extension

History Fan

Has anyone tried the Fasterfox extension? If so, what are your
opinions of it? I installed it yesterday, and so far, it's hard to tell if
there is any difference in speed. The speed is certainly not slower, at
least. I'm using Firefox 1.07 on a XP SP2 computer with a DSL connection.

Jim Scott

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 10:51:06 -0500, History Fan wrote:

> Has anyone tried the Fasterfox extension? If so, what are your
> opinions of it? I installed it yesterday, and so far, it's hard to tell if
> there is any difference in speed. The speed is certainly not slower, at
> least. I'm using Firefox 1.07 on a XP SP2 computer with a DSL connection.

I have used this, but like you I cannot see a significant difference. I use
FF 1.5RC1 and otherwise the same as you.
Perhaps it is meant for W98 or dial-up?
--
Jim
Tyneside UK

Stubby

History Fan wrote:
> Has anyone tried the Fasterfox extension? If so, what are your
> opinions of it? I installed it yesterday, and so far, it's hard to tell if
> there is any difference in speed. The speed is certainly not slower, at
> least. I'm using Firefox 1.07 on a XP SP2 computer with a DSL connection.

It doesn't seem to make a difference to me with 1.0.7 . I believe
slowness is due to DNS lookups and server slowness. Nothing you can do
on your machine will help. And, I don't believe you can blame your ISP.

Riderhood

Jim Scott wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 10:51:06 -0500, History Fan wrote:
>

>> Has anyone tried the Fasterfox extension? If so, what are your
>>opinions of it? I installed it yesterday, and so far, it's hard to tell if
>>there is any difference in speed. The speed is certainly not slower, at
>>least. I'm using Firefox 1.07 on a XP SP2 computer with a DSL connection.

> I have used this, but like you I cannot see a significant difference. I use
> FF 1.5RC1 and otherwise the same as you.
> Perhaps it is meant for W98 or dial-up?

I hqave w98 and dial-up and I coudn't tell any difference. Maybe even a
little more sluggish. I uninstalled it.

Riderhood

Monty

"History Fan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Has anyone tried the Fasterfox extension? If so, what are your
>opinions of it? I installed it yesterday, and so far, it's hard to tell if
>there is any difference in speed. The speed is certainly not slower, at
>least. I'm using Firefox 1.07 on a XP SP2 computer with a DSL connection.

My PC runs the same specs as yourself and I did not notice any
difference in speed. I currently have it uninstalled.

R Hickey

Monty <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "History Fan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Has anyone tried the Fasterfox extension? If so, what are your
>>opinions of it? I installed it yesterday, and so far, it's hard to
>>tell if there is any difference in speed. The speed is certainly not
>>slower, at least. I'm using Firefox 1.07 on a XP SP2 computer with a
>>DSL connection.
>>

> My PC runs the same specs as yourself and I did not notice any
> difference in speed. I currently have it uninstalled.

I would have to second that. I tried Fasterfox and didn't notice any
appreciable speed increase. Maybe it did -- maybe it didn't.

I uninstalled it the other day after reading the first postings in this
thread and haven't regreted it a bit. It's not a bad extension, it just
isn't a real useful (IMO) one...

Harold Drabkin

I have it on a Win ME system; can't say that I've noticed anything
different.

History Fan wrote:
> Has anyone tried the Fasterfox extension? If so, what are your
> opinions of it? I installed it yesterday, and so far, it's hard to tell if
> there is any difference in speed. The speed is certainly not slower, at
> least. I'm using Firefox 1.07 on a XP SP2 computer with a DSL connection.

xModem

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 15:08:39 GMT, R Hickey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Monty <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> "History Fan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone tried the Fasterfox extension? If so, what are your
>>>opinions of it? I installed it yesterday, and so far, it's hard to
>>>tell if there is any difference in speed. The speed is certainly not
>>>slower, at least. I'm using Firefox 1.07 on a XP SP2 computer with a
>>>DSL connection.
>>>

>> My PC runs the same specs as yourself and I did not notice any
>> difference in speed. I currently have it uninstalled.

>I would have to second that. I tried Fasterfox and didn't notice any
>appreciable speed increase. Maybe it did -- maybe it didn't.
>
>I uninstalled it the other day after reading the first postings in this
>thread and haven't regreted it a bit. It's not a bad extension, it just
>isn't a real useful (IMO) one...

Ditto. No difference detected here.

Fasterfox extension History Fan Firefox 0 04-17-2006 02:20 AM
Fasterfox or Firetune? The Waker Firefox 2 12-12-2005 03:20 PM
Can't Install FasterFox 0.7.4 Riderhood Firefox 2 10-09-2005 12:45 AM
FasterFox 0.7.4 ar@x Firefox 3 10-09-2005 12:44 AM
FasterFox v0.7.3 Old Gringo Firefox 8 10-08-2005 05:11 PM

Advertisments