Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Re: How can I change the default Language Firefox uses for File and Menu Commands?

Re: How can I change the default Language Firefox uses for File and Menu Commands?

Just aFax MAm

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:00:01 -0800, gwtc
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Just aFax MAm wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 13:18:16 -0800, gwtc
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>I could be wrong on this, but the problem isn't the program itself,
>>>but your profile. All your settings, preferences, bookmarks, etc are
>>>stored in an area called your profile, and I'm presuming that is where
>>>the language pack is aswell.
>>>
>>>So create a test profile and see what happens. To do that click on
>>>Start, Run and enter exactly:
>>>
>>>firefox.exe -p
>>>
>>>This will start up the FF Profile Manager, and from there you can
>>>create a test profile.

>> Thank you for your reply.
>> After I posted this message I was doing some reading on different help
>> forums and found the same suggestion. Well At least I found that the
>> Profile folder was not removed when un-installing. That should
>> definitely be an option when un-installing

>Oh crap NO!!!! Your profile is where all your settings, preferences,
>bookmarks, etc are stored.

It's OK, It's a brand new installation. There are no settings to loose
other than bookmarks really. All settings are default. But thanks for
hint about exporting settings in IE. I hadn't thought of that.
She does not use Thunderbird for Email.
I think Incredimail. I don't know it. program? or Web-based email, but
she's happy enough with Firefox, and now I can grab her settings from
IE once I start from scatch with new profile and latest version Of Fx.

Thanks for your help
>If you're using Thunderbird then that is where your mail and
>addressbook are stored.
>
>And its everything if you're using Mozilla.
>
>> I now know the default location of this folder and that I can delete
>> her profile folder and start from scratch, choosing not to import IE
>> settings, although it would be nice to maintain all the settings and
>> favorites EXCEPT the darnn Dutch language, but I do not know how to do
>> that.

>Open up IE. Click on File, Import/Export and Export just the
>favorites. This will export the favorites to an HTML file. Then Open
>the bookmark manager in FF, and IMPORT that file into FF.
>
>> It seems that importing is ALL OR NOTHING, correct me if I'm wrong,
>> but when I was importing her settings previously I did not have any
>> say in "what" was bing imported.
>> Well, at least I can give her an up to date version of Firefox when I
>> see her next.
>>
>> thanks again..
>>
>> n.d.f.m.t.

gwtc

Just aFax MAm wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:00:01 -0800, gwtc
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Just aFax MAm wrote:

>>>Thank you for your reply.
>>>After I posted this message I was doing some reading on different help
>>>forums and found the same suggestion. Well At least I found that the
>>>Profile folder was not removed when un-installing. That should
>>>definitely be an option when un-installing

>>Oh crap NO!!!! Your profile is where all your settings, preferences,
>>bookmarks, etc are stored.

> It's OK, It's a brand new installation. There are no settings to loose
> other than bookmarks really. All settings are default. But thanks for
> hint about exporting settings in IE. I hadn't thought of that.
> She does not use Thunderbird for Email.
> I think Incredimail. I don't know it. program? or Web-based email,

Incredimail is an email program, just like TB, Eudora, Outlook
Express, etc. It just as bad as OE as its prone to viruses and other
problems.