Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Creating Users Manually

Creating Users Manually

BobLaughland

Hi There,

I am creating an ASP .NET 2.0 web page using c#.

I am using the 'CreateUserWizard' control to add users to my site. Just
wondering whether there is a programatic way to do this.

E.G. I want to create a spreadsheet with 50 users details on it, and
then want to load that in and create the users in the database.

The uncertainty I have at the moment is actually taking the records and
putting them into the database. Is there a method somewhere as part of
the 'CreateUserWizard' which will take the persons details and insert
it into the database. I can't just insert all the data in the database
because the 'CreateUserWizard' automatically adds stuff to a bunch of
tables, and also encrypts the password and all that.

One other alternative is to programatically set the fields to add the
users one at a time into the 'CreateUserWizard' control I have on my
page, and then force it to click the button. My question is how can I
force it to click the button?

Thanks,

Peter.

=?Utf-8?B?YnJpYW5zW01DU0Rd?=

Hello Peter,

Anything the login controls or the webadmin tool can do, you can do
programatically. They are wrappers for the api. You can create a user
programatically using the Membership.CreateUser() method. See the docs for
more info on the Membership classes in general.

--
enjoy - brians
http://www.limbertech.com