Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Use forms authentication to protect non-aspx files?

Use forms authentication to protect non-aspx files?

Ronald S. Cook

In my ASP.NET 2.0 Web app, I want to make some files inaccessible to
unauthenticated users. Using Forms Authentication, this works fine for
..aspx pages, but not for regular old .htm pages. How do I protect these?

Thanks,

Ron

Ronald S. Cook

From what I'm finding so far, I can somehow configure IIS "ISAPI filter" to
include file types that I want to protect under forms authentication.

Does anyone know how to do this? In IIS I see the ISAPI Filters tab, but it
doesn't just ask me to list the extensions I'd want to protect. Instead it
seems to want me to browse to a dll or something.

Thanks,

Ron

"Ronald S. Cook" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In my ASP.NET 2.0 Web app, I want to make some files inaccessible to
> unauthenticated users. Using Forms Authentication, this works fine for
> .aspx pages, but not for regular old .htm pages. How do I protect these?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Ron

Erik Funkenbusch

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:01:54 -0700, Ronald S. Cook wrote:

> From what I'm finding so far, I can somehow configure IIS "ISAPI filter" to
> include file types that I want to protect under forms authentication.

Actually, you want the Home Directory Tab, then click the Configuration
button.

Ronald S. Cook

Thanks Erik, but the OK button on that tab never enables.. even after I
point to that isapi DLL and type .htm in the other field. No matter what I
do the OK button is still disabled.

Thanks for any additional help.

Ron

"Erik Funkenbusch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1x46krz8jryv9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:01:54 -0700, Ronald S. Cook wrote:
>
>> From what I'm finding so far, I can somehow configure IIS "ISAPI filter"
>> include file types that I want to protect under forms authentication.

> Actually, you want the Home Directory Tab, then click the Configuration
> button.

Erik Funkenbusch

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 08:47:47 -0700, Ronald S. Cook wrote:

> Thanks Erik, but the OK button on that tab never enables.. even after I
> point to that isapi DLL and type .htm in the other field. No matter what I
> do the OK button is still disabled.

Weird. It enables for me as soon as i start typing in the executable
field.