Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Using Password Manager in Firefox?

Using Password Manager in Firefox?

Bob Newman

I see where Firefox has memorized passwords for some of the sites I have
visited but I don't understand how to get it to fill them in automatically.
Help please.

Thanks in advance... Bob

gwtc

Bob Newman wrote:

> I see where Firefox has memorized passwords for some of the sites I have
> visited but I don't understand how to get it to fill them in automatically.
> Help please.
>
> Thanks in advance... Bob

its supposed to do it automatically, unless the site has disabled the
save password function. What sites are you having problems with?

Bob Newman

Turns out it was my fault, I see what I was doing wromg. I'm having one
problem though. For a few sites I told the pop-up window not to memorize
the log-in now the box asking me to memorize does not come up again when I
visit that site. If I've changed my mind how to I get an opportunity to
tell Firefox to memorize for that site?

Bob

"gwtc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bob Newman wrote:
>
>> I see where Firefox has memorized passwords for some of the sites I have
>> visited but I don't understand how to get it to fill them in
>> automatically. Help please.
>>
>> Thanks in advance... Bob

> its supposed to do it automatically, unless the site has disabled the save
> password function. What sites are you having problems with?

Leonidas Jones

Bob Newman wrote:
> Turns out it was my fault, I see what I was doing wromg. I'm having one
> problem though. For a few sites I told the pop-up window not to memorize
> the log-in now the box asking me to memorize does not come up again when I
> visit that site. If I've changed my mind how to I get an opportunity to
> tell Firefox to memorize for that site?
>
> Bob
>
> "gwtc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Bob Newman wrote:
>>
>>> I see where Firefox has memorized passwords for some of the sites I have
>>> visited but I don't understand how to get it to fill them in
>>> automatically. Help please.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance... Bob

>> its supposed to do it automatically, unless the site has disabled the save
>> password function. What sites are you having problems with?

Tools>>Options>>Privacy>>Passwords

Click the View stored passwords button. Click the Passwords never saved
tab. Remove entries as desired.

Lee

Bob Newman

Thanks, you're a lifesaver.

Bob

"Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:v0b9f.3711$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bob Newman wrote:
>> Turns out it was my fault, I see what I was doing wromg. I'm having one
>> problem though. For a few sites I told the pop-up window not to memorize
>> the log-in now the box asking me to memorize does not come up again when
>> I visit that site. If I've changed my mind how to I get an opportunity
>> to tell Firefox to memorize for that site?
>>
>> Bob
>>
>> "gwtc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> its supposed to do it automatically, unless the site has disabled the
>>> save password function. What sites are you having problems with?

> Tools>>Options>>Privacy>>Passwords
>
> Click the View stored passwords button. Click the Passwords never saved
> tab. Remove entries as desired.
>
> Lee

Leonidas Jones

Bob Newman wrote:
> Thanks, you're a lifesaver.
>
> Bob
>
> "Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:v0b9f.3711$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Bob Newman wrote:

/snip/

I'm glad I was abler to help!