Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Quicktime and Firefox

Quicktime and Firefox

Scott Nelson

Whenever I click on a wav file or audio file on the Internet, Quicktime
opens up and the audio is choppy. I used to have Winamp open and that
worked fine. I've looked at all the settings in Quicktime and can't
find the problem. Anyone have any ideas? Or better yet, how can I make
Winamp the default?

Scott
--
Stop by and visit me on the Web...

http://www.treasuredude.net.tc
or
http://pie.midco.net/treasuredude

Ralph Fox

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 15:44:36 -0500, in message
*<(E-Mail Removed)>, Scott Nelson wrote:

> Subject: Quicktime and Firefox
>
> Whenever I click on a wav file or audio file on the Internet, Quicktime
> opens up

Is that opens up (A) in the browser, or opens up (B) as a separate
QuickTime window (not in another browser window)
I'll assume (A) the first one.

> and the audio is choppy. I used to have Winamp open and that
> worked fine. I've looked at all the settings in Quicktime and can't
> find the problem. Anyone have any ideas? Or better yet, how can I make
> Winamp the default?
>
> Scott

Assuming (A) above...

For the settings to look at, start from the Windows control panel

Control Panel -> QuickTime -> Browser Plug-in -> MIME Settings

Expand each of the sections, e.g. "[+] Audio", then un-check the media types
which you do not want the QuickTime browser plug-in to handle.

If you mean (B), start in Firefox by looking at

Tools -> Options -> Downloads
---File Types---
Automatically perform the associated action with each of the following file types

--
Cheers,
Ralph

Firefox 0.8 insists on Quicktime for MPG files Noozer Firefox 7 12-14-2007 09:41 PM
Firefox and Quicktime dancertm Firefox 5 01-02-2007 02:10 PM
Firefox 1.5 and Quicktime Manual Install RyeTronics Firefox 7 01-19-2006 03:04 AM
Firefox and Quicktime Grrr Starkey NZ Computing 9 07-03-2005 08:13 PM
Firefox and Quicktime Spike Firefox 7 12-02-2004 01:35 AM

Advertisments