Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Dumb newbie question

Dumb newbie question

John

Hi

When reading the stats for my website I see the following;

Total Hits
Total Files
Total Pages
Total Visits

What is the difference between these four?

Thanks

Regards

Kevin Spencer

It depends on the stats application you're using. "Hits" generally refers to
page hits, or requests, but that could be defined in any number of ways,
depending on the app. "Files" may refer to HTML documents plus other types
of files, such as images, but again, it is ultimately defined by the stats
app. "Pages" may refer to individual page hits (requests), or it could be a
roll-up of all pages requested grouped by page. And "visits" almost always
refers to client sessions.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer

Presuming that God is "only an idea" -
Ideas exist.
Therefore, God exists.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Dumb, Dumb Vista Au79 Computer Support 4 02-11-2007 03:40 PM
Dumb newbie question David W.E. Roberts UK VOIP 2 10-07-2005 08:54 AM
Re: Dumb newbie question Ian UK VOIP 0 05-09-2005 10:29 PM
Dumb, dumb dumb Qestion David Napierkowski Digital Photography 6 10-31-2004 11:14 PM