Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Export datalist or gridview to Excel

Export datalist or gridview to Excel

staeri@gmail.com

I have a lot pages with either a datalist or a gridview and I would
like to provide print functionality to the users so that the current
page is exported to Excel when the user clicks the Print button.

Since I'm a big fan of reuse I don't want to create a separate print
version of each page since it's too much work to do and to maintain.

Is there a easier way of doing this?

Regards,

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBaYW5iYWth?=

http://www.mycodekb.com/CodeDetails.asp?CodeID=454
--
Paul Zanbaka
Sharepoint Adminstrator and DBA

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> I have a lot pages with either a datalist or a gridview and I would
> like to provide print functionality to the users so that the current
> page is exported to Excel when the user clicks the Print button.
>
> Since I'm a big fan of reuse I don't want to create a separate print
> version of each page since it's too much work to do and to maintain.
>
> Is there a easier way of doing this?
>
> Regards,

Jacob

Take a look at the CarlosAG ExcelXMLWriter. Nice control to help you
write your workbooks.