Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Resource (.Resx) file consistency checker

Resource (.Resx) file consistency checker

prabhupr@hotmail.com

Hi Folks

I'm currently working on a Localization+Globalization project; for this
project, we need to generate ".Resx" files and we use "US English" Resx
file as the base version, to compare the content with other languages.

We have quite a number of Resx file and each Resx file has enough items
so there is a high probability that we might miss few nodes/items in
RESx files of other language.

Is there any easy way to check/validate that every item we have defined
in English version of RESx file exists in rest of the Resx file.

For example
English Resx File German Resx File
First Name German First Name
Last Name German First Name