Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET JavaScript Popup, No Popup Using Back Button

ASP.NET JavaScript Popup, No Popup Using Back Button

dapkniht

Hello,

Here's my situation... I have an ASP.NET 2.0 (C#) page with a link button.
When a user clicks the button I need it to execute the code behind code for
the link button on click event. At the end of the code behind code for the
link button click event, I use JavaScript to popup another browser window
(using window.open).

This all works fine. It's basically a confirmation popup.

The issue comes in when the user closes the popup and continues to work with
the site and they click the back button. If they click the back button to
the correct place, the popup window appears again, which I don't want. I
only want to popup to appear if the user clicks the link button on the page
in question, not by using the back button.

So, would anyone know how to prevent the popup window from "popping up" when
the user uses the back button?

Thanks.

Eliyahu Goldin

Look at the discussion of a similar topic in another thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...90a4e5f815d4ca

Eliyahu

news:OjvqY$(E-Mail Removed)...