Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > IPostBackDataHandler with multiple rendered inputs.

IPostBackDataHandler with multiple rendered inputs.

Martin Gustavsson

I'm a bit puzzled by the IPostBackDataHandler. What if i have a custom
control that I render myself, and I render 30 input-fields. They can't
all have the name of the control's UniqueID? Which is required if
LoadPostData is to be invoked (Note: Theese are not child controls, they
are simply rendered input-fields). My input fields will probably be
named something like UniqueID + ":some_internal_id".

One solution I can come up with is to manually examine the Request.Forms
collection at some point in the control's life-cycle. But I don't know
at what point.

Is there a standard way of doing this kind of thing?

//Martin