Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Probing for DLL's in ASP.Net 2.0

Probing for DLL's in ASP.Net 2.0

=?Utf-8?B?Q29ycG9yYXRlQ29kZXI=?=

Is there a way to group dll files in the bin directory for ASP.net 2.0 Web
Site projects and have the CLR find them? I tried adding the following to
the appropriate location in the web.config file to indicate I wanted it to
look in the bin\subbin directory, but to no success. I do not have any
<codebase> defined.

<configuration>
<runtime>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
<probing privatePath="bin\subbin"/>
</assemblyBinding>
</runtime>
</configuration>

My bin directory is under root and my binary is culture neutral so I believe
I should be looking in:

bin\subbin

Does probing even work for Web projects?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,
Dean