Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Question about javascript -> onblur='self.focus'

Question about javascript -> onblur='self.focus'

=?Utf-8?B?am9l?=

Question about javascript -> onblur='self.focus'

I use the method <body onblur='self.focus'> to keep the child browser always
on the top , it success, but the textbox inside the child browser can not
type anything, why

Terry Burns

the textbox must have the focus to type into it

--
Terry Burns
http://TrainingOn.net
"joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Question about javascript -> onblur='self.focus'
>
> I use the method <body onblur='self.focus'> to keep the child browser
> always
> on the top , it success, but the textbox inside the child browser can not
> type anything, why

Eliyahu Goldin

Because body.focus() removes focus from any focusable element inside the
body. And as soon as you try to set focus on any element, onblur event fires
and pulls the focus back to body.

Eliyahu

"joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Question about javascript -> onblur='self.focus'
>
> I use the method <body onblur='self.focus'> to keep the child browser
> always
> on the top , it success, but the textbox inside the child browser can not
> type anything, why

sharmaps24 sharmaps24 is offline
Junior Member

Hi
You have mentioned as use (onblur="self.focus()") to disable minimize button. But when I tried, I found that it is applicable only for once and when I click next time it is getting minimized. Can any1 please help me on this.