Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Server Extensions were unable to access the file "frontpg.lck"

Server Extensions were unable to access the file "frontpg.lck"

Terry Olsen

I'm hoping someone can help me here. When trying to create a new web site
with Visual Studio 2005, I choose HTTP and enter the url I want to create
(http://MyWebServer/MyWebSite). But I get the following error:

Unable to create the web 'http://MyWebServer/MyWebSite'. Server error: the
server extensions were unable to access the file 'frontpg.lck'. Please
check the file permissions.

I googled it and only found suggestions for deleting the service.lck file
from the _vti_pvt directory of the MyWebSite directory. But it doesn't
exist yet because VS 2005 can't create it.

Help!

Thanks,
Terry

=?Utf-8?B?RFdT?=