Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Microsoft Expression - Your Thoughts?

Microsoft Expression - Your Thoughts?

VB Programmer

First time I've heard of it...

http://www.microsoft.com/products/ex...n/default.mspx

Will this be a replacement for VS.NET or Frontpage? How does this
technology fit in?

Is the Graphic Designer supposed to compete with Fireworks, Photoshop,
etc...?

Do you know if MSDN subscribers will have this included in the subscription?

What are your thoughts?

Juan T. Llibre

re:
> Will this be a replacement for VS.NET or Frontpage?

It's a replacement for FrontPage.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================
"VB Programmer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> First time I've heard of it...
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/products/ex...n/default.mspx
>
> Will this be a replacement for VS.NET or Frontpage? How does this technology fit in?
>
> Is the Graphic Designer supposed to compete with Fireworks, Photoshop, etc...?
>
> Do you know if MSDN subscribers will have this included in the subscription?
>
> What are your thoughts?

Kevin Spencer

> It's a replacement for FrontPage.

Sort of. It's *half* of a replacement for FrontPage. The other half will be
SharePoint Designer.

Expression is for non-SharePoint web site development, while SharePoint
Designer is specifically for SharePoint web site development. That's a good
thing, IMHO.

But, neither is a replacement for Visual Studio.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer

Presuming that God is "only an idea" -
Ideas exist.
Therefore, God exists.

news:%23$(E-Mail Removed)...
> re:
>> Will this be a replacement for VS.NET or Frontpage?

> It's a replacement for FrontPage.
>

> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> ===================================
> "VB Programmer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> First time I've heard of it...
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/products/ex...n/default.mspx
>>
>> Will this be a replacement for VS.NET or Frontpage? How does this
>> technology fit in?
>>
>> Is the Graphic Designer supposed to compete with Fireworks, Photoshop,
>> etc...?
>>
>> Do you know if MSDN subscribers will have this included in the
>> subscription?
>>
>> What are your thoughts?

Juan T. Llibre

re:
> Sort of. It's *half* of a replacement for FrontPage.

My understanding is that when Expression is released, FrontPage will be deprecated.

I'm itching to get my hands on the Expression Web Designer,
as well as on the SharePoint Designer.

re:
> But, neither is a replacement for Visual Studio.

Egads, no!

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It's a replacement for FrontPage.

> Sort of. It's *half* of a replacement for FrontPage. The other half will be SharePoint Designer.
>
> Expression is for non-SharePoint web site development, while SharePoint Designer is specifically
> for SharePoint web site development. That's a good thing, IMHO.
>
> But, neither is a replacement for Visual Studio.
>
> --
> HTH,
>
> Kevin Spencer
> Microsoft MVP
> .Net Developer
>
> Presuming that God is "only an idea" -
> Ideas exist.
> Therefore, God exists.
>
> "Juan T. Llibre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> re:
>>> Will this be a replacement for VS.NET or Frontpage?

>> It's a replacement for FrontPage.
>>

>> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
>> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
>> ===================================
>> "VB Programmer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> First time I've heard of it...
>>>
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/products/ex...n/default.mspx
>>>
>>> Will this be a replacement for VS.NET or Frontpage? How does this technology fit in?
>>>
>>> Is the Graphic Designer supposed to compete with Fireworks, Photoshop, etc...?
>>>
>>> Do you know if MSDN subscribers will have this included in the subscription?
>>>
>>> What are your thoughts?

Kevin Spencer

> My understanding is that when Expression is released, FrontPage will be
> deprecated.

You're right, of course, Juan. What I meant was that FrontPage is being
replaced by 2 different apps, each taking over some of what FrontPage has
handled as a single app until now. There will not be another version of
"FrontPage" AFAIK.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer

Presuming that God is "only an idea" -
Ideas exist.
Therefore, God exists.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> re:
>> Sort of. It's *half* of a replacement for FrontPage.

> My understanding is that when Expression is released, FrontPage will be
> deprecated.
>
> I'm itching to get my hands on the Expression Web Designer,
> as well as on the SharePoint Designer.
>
> re:
>> But, neither is a replacement for Visual Studio.

> Egads, no!
>

> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> ===================================
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> It's a replacement for FrontPage.

>> Sort of. It's *half* of a replacement for FrontPage. The other half will
>> be SharePoint Designer.
>>
>> Expression is for non-SharePoint web site development, while SharePoint
>> Designer is specifically for SharePoint web site development. That's a
>> good thing, IMHO.
>>
>> But, neither is a replacement for Visual Studio.
>>
>> --
>> HTH,
>>
>> Kevin Spencer
>> Microsoft MVP
>> .Net Developer
>>
>> Presuming that God is "only an idea" -
>> Ideas exist.
>> Therefore, God exists.
>>
>> "Juan T. Llibre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%23$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> re:
>>>
>>> It's a replacement for FrontPage.
>>>

>>> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
>>> aspnetfaq.com : http://www.aspnetfaq.com/
>>> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
>>> foros de asp.net, en español : http://asp.net.do/foros/
>>> ===================================
>>> "VB Programmer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?RFdT?=

Hello,
I saw a video of it at the VS 2005 launch, I think its a page designer for
pros. By the way there's a contest for CSS design for the Mix conference
winner gets custom xbox 360 and trip to Mix. www.mix06.com/contest.aspx. If
you don't enter then you can vote for my designs if they ever get into the
gallery. Design Names are "software" and "the hand is quicker than the eye".
Maybe everyone could vote for DWS at 3pm eastern time and cause some havick
on Mix06.com.

Thanks.
DWS