Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Problem calling assembly which references another assembly from an asp page

Problem calling assembly which references another assembly from an asp page

christianhaynes@hotmail.com

Hi,

I've been working on a problem for the last couple of days trying
everything ive found but with no luck. The problem is:

I have create a com callable .net assembly which is called from an asp
page. This works fine until the assembly that uses another third-party
assembly is accessed. The following error occurs:

Could not load file or assembly 'PDFlib_dotnet, Version=6.0.2.2,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=af0805f2b25bb299' or one of its
dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

This is one thing to point out and that is it works on my developement
machine, but not on the production machine, so its more than likely a
deployment issue. I have copied the PDFLib_dotnet assembly to several
places that it may be trying to access it from, but with still no joy.

Has anyone encountered this before and have found a solution ? What
should i check to make sure all the files are in there correct
locations ?

Many thanks.

Christian.

Darren Kopp

Is PDFLib_dotnot properly included in your application or registered in
the Global Assembly Cache on the production machine?

-Darren Kopp
http://blog.secudocs.com/

christianhaynes@hotmail.com

Hi,

Some more info:

The following error is recorded in the Event Log of the production
machine:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( .NET Runtime ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. The following information is part of the event: Unable to
open shim database version registry key - v2.0.50727.00000.

christianhaynes@hotmail.com

Hi Darren,

The PDFLib_dotnet was added in the usual way (ie, added as a reference
in VS2005) on my local machine. Yes i did put it in the GAC on the
production machine.

Thanks.