Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Gridview cross-page postback

Gridview cross-page postback

Lupakkiotto

HI!
Is it possible for a select command in a gridview to cross-page postback?
How to do it? I don't find a postbarckURL property...
Thank you in advance.
Marco

Christopher Reed

You probably need to create a TemplateField and add a Button or LinkButton
to it to get the PostBackUrl property functionality.
--
Christopher A. Reed

"Lupakkiotto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> HI!
> Is it possible for a select command in a gridview to cross-page postback?
> How to do it? I don't find a postbarckURL property...
> Thank you in advance.
> Marco

Lupakkiotto

"Christopher Reed" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You probably need to create a TemplateField and add a Button or LinkButton
> to it to get the PostBackUrl property functionality.

That's ok.
But, how can I know the selectedvalue of the gridview when I click on that
button??

=?Utf-8?B?QWxleGV5IEJvcnplbmtvdg==?=

You can to create a "HyperLinkField" and assign it properties like this:

<asp:HyperLinkField DataTextField="Data" DataNavigateUrlFields="id"
DataNavigateUrlFormatString="~/MonitoringPages/Mon.aspx?Id={0}"
target="_blank" />

In the target page you can get the "id" value using the
"HttpRequest.QueryString" property.

Alexey Borzenkov (http://alexborzenkov.iespana.es/).

"Lupakkiotto" wrote:

> "Christopher Reed" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You probably need to create a TemplateField and add a Button or LinkButton
> > to it to get the PostBackUrl property functionality.

> That's ok.
> But, how can I know the selectedvalue of the gridview when I click on that
> button??

siva_uk siva_uk is offline
Junior Member

Read the following article.