Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to nest 2nd datalist instead of gridview

How to nest 2nd datalist instead of gridview

staeri@gmail.com

I have one datalist containg another datalist in the ItemTemplate. I
used to have a gridview inside the datalist instead but I'm trying to
change that to another datalist but the code for binding the inner
datalist doesn't work:

Protected Sub DataList1_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e
As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataListItemEventArgs)
Dim s As SqlDataSource = e.Item.FindControl("SqlDataSource2")
s.SelectParameters("AccountGroup").DefaultValue =
e.Item.DataItem("AccountGroup")
End Sub

I receive an error message telling me "Object reference not set to an
instance of an object."

What can be wrong?

Regards,

Nest gridview RowCommand NH ASP .Net 0 11-19-2007 05:32 PM
Nest Gridview Visability Chris ASP .Net 4 04-01-2007 01:36 PM
GridView nested in DataList - refreshing corresponding DataList row after updating GridView row H5N1 ASP .Net 0 04-26-2006 11:41 PM
Nest DataList in DataGrid smay ASP .Net Datagrid Control 0 10-28-2004 06:01 PM