Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > FF can't render CSS anymore

FF can't render CSS anymore

TrackZilla

Anyone ever notice this, I fired up FF and "poof" no more CSS. I
reinstalled FF, created a new profile, rebooted, cleaned the registry,
checkdisk, scanned for viruses and spyware, etc. No more CSS.

Leonidas Jones

TrackZilla wrote:
> Anyone ever notice this, I fired up FF and "poof" no more CSS. I
> reinstalled FF, created a new profile, rebooted, cleaned the registry,
> checkdisk, scanned for viruses and spyware, etc. No more CSS.

Well, no, I haven't noticed this. The first thing that leaps to mind is
View>>Page Style.

Make sure that No Style is not selected.

Lee

TrackZilla

TrackZilla wrote:
>> Anyone ever notice this, I fired up FF and "poof" no more CSS. I
>> reinstalled FF, created a new profile, rebooted, cleaned the
>> registry, checkdisk, scanned for viruses and spyware, etc. No more CSS.

> Well, no, I haven't noticed this. The first thing that leaps to mind
> is View>>Page Style.
>
> Make sure that No Style is not selected.
>
> Lee

It's worse than that, I've tried to no avail. I've screwed w/ style /
no style, uninstall, reinstall, create new profile, upgrade to 1.5b2,
downgrade 1.07. What I thought was FF's problem turns out to be an XP
problem, and I can't figure out how to fix it. Both FF and IE cannot
render CSS at all, yet Opera still kicks ass. It has affected other
programs as well, like MSOffice2003, apparently all of the buttons are
rendered via CSS, so now they look flat ala Office97.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled SP2, even reinstalled XP over my
I'm formatting my XP partition and moving to Debian and OpenOffice.
Thanks for your input though.