Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Share webusercontrols between asp.net projects

Share webusercontrols between asp.net projects

jesusR

In VS2003 (framework 1.1 or less) i was shareing my webusercontrols
with this procedure:
I created a web project (webusercontrol_project) with the web user
control, i compiled and everything ok.
Then on other project (other_project), i include a reference to the
webusercontrol_project dll.
in other_proyect i created a virtual directory to
webusercontrol_project and i can use the web controls created on
webusercontrol_project in the project other_project, adding manually
them on some webform in other_proyect with this line:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="nav_br"
Src="sgl_share/nav_br.ascx"%>

<uc1:nav_br id="Nav_br1" runat="server"></uc1:nav_br>

A was triying to make the same on 2005 and i reaceive a lot of error

1.- When i convert webusercontrol_project from 2003 to 2005 no dll is
generated
2.- with no dll on webusercontrol_project i can not make the reference
on other_project
3.- Vs2005 giveme an error on the register:
<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="nav_br"
Src="sgl_share/nav_br.ascx"%>
The error said something like can't find the file
"sgl_share/sgl_br/nav_br.ascx"
And checking the virtual directory i can notice that everything is OK.

The really question is:

How can i share webusercontrols between diferents asp.net projects

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

here's a good blog post about the subject:
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archi...28/423888.aspx

--
Teemu Keiski
ASP.NET MVP, AspInsider

"jesusR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> In VS2003 (framework 1.1 or less) i was shareing my webusercontrols
> with this procedure:
> I created a web project (webusercontrol_project) with the web user
> control, i compiled and everything ok.
> Then on other project (other_project), i include a reference to the
> webusercontrol_project dll.
> in other_proyect i created a virtual directory to
> webusercontrol_project and i can use the web controls created on
> webusercontrol_project in the project other_project, adding manually
> them on some webform in other_proyect with this line:
>
> <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="nav_br"
> Src="sgl_share/nav_br.ascx"%>
>
> <uc1:nav_br id="Nav_br1" runat="server"></uc1:nav_br>
>

> A was triying to make the same on 2005 and i reaceive a lot of error
>
> 1.- When i convert webusercontrol_project from 2003 to 2005 no dll is
> generated
> 2.- with no dll on webusercontrol_project i can not make the reference
> on other_project
> 3.- Vs2005 giveme an error on the register:
> <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="nav_br"
> Src="sgl_share/nav_br.ascx"%>
> The error said something like can't find the file
> "sgl_share/sgl_br/nav_br.ascx"
> And checking the virtual directory i can notice that everything is OK.
>
> The really question is:
>
> How can i share webusercontrols between diferents asp.net projects

jesusR

Thanks a lot, it would help me a lot...