Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > DataView vs. Datasource requery

DataView vs. Datasource requery

Islamegy®

I have 2 Questions..
1- Is it better to use Dataview To filter and sort Datatables or requery the
datasource??
When i was working in windows appl i found sorting and filtering on client
old machine is slow and need proccessor usage now in asp.net the load is
centralized on the web Server, what is the best way for filter/sort data??

2- In case i will use view sort/filter, I'm working with strong type
collections.. so i'm tring to mimic Dataview in my own CollectionView which
implement ICollectionbase & IBindingList but i need help.. I didn't find
alot of information on google any help plz??

S. Justin Gengo [MCP]

As long as the server can handle the load filtering data that is already in
memory will always be faster. That is always my first choice whenever I can
do it. For example I wrote a classified advertising search application for
my company. About 50 magazines use it. I cache the initial data searches on
the server and then all searches just use a dataview based on that cache.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer