Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Dynamically Populating a Gridview

Dynamically Populating a Gridview

Isoaxis@gmail.com

On the page in question I have a gridview that displays the list of all
products in the Products table of the DB. That gridview is bound with a
sqldatasource using Visual Studio's "wizards". The gridview is paged at
10 rows. Anticipating the client entering in many, many products, I
want to allow the products to be filtered by a dropdownlist just above
the gridview containing categories/category ID's.

I have tried mulitple methods for "repopulating" the gridview including
calling the filtering stored proc in the codebehind and building a
datatable to bind with; and dynamically assigning another datasourceID
to the gridview (for this approach I added another sqldatasource to the
page using the "wizard" that utilized the proper "filtering" stored
procedure. The sqldatasource works properly.), but nothing seems to
work. The last approach doesn't give an error, but also does not filter
correctly.

Any ideas?

thanks,
..brit