Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Joining Files

Joining Files

DTDoyle

Just downloaded FireFox & Thunderbird and it sure looks like Netscape is
going up on the shelf. My question however is will Thunderbird allow me
join large files together, or is than extension I need to get?

Thanks IA
DTDoyle

Leonidas Jones

DTDoyle wrote:
> Just downloaded FireFox & Thunderbird and it sure looks like Netscape is
> going up on the shelf. My question however is will Thunderbird allow me
> join large files together, or is than extension I need to get?
>

> Thanks IA
> DTDoyle

TB is a an email client with very basic newsreader capabilities.
Combining and decoding multi part binaries are not in its scope.

Ed Mullen has developed a brilliant workaround:

http://ed.mullen.home.comcast.net/Mo...z_combine.html

If that is not enough for your needs, you might want to look at a
program that is designed as a newsreader. Xnews is one. Its different
then most , but it will do the job well.

Lee