Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Hosting Advice

Hosting Advice

Jonathan Wood

After hosting with Pair for some time with reasonable satisfaction, it looks
like I need to find another hosting service in order to host on .NET (2.0).

Does anyone have any recommendations or horror stories about companies that
provide .NET hosting? My current plan provides 4GB disk space/120GB transfer
and my needs will most likely grow so I need a plan along those lines. I'm
also interested in hosting some of my own clients.

Thanks!

--
Jonathan Wood
SoftCircuits

G. Whiz

http://www.aspnetresources.com/blog/godaddy.aspx

GODADDY!

Jonathan Wood

Thanks. I'm actually quite familiar with GoDaddy.com. However, I haven't
been able to find anything on their site that indicates they provide ASP
..NET.

Is this where you host? Is your site a .NET one?

--
Jonathan Wood
SoftCircuits
http://www.softcircuits.com
Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm

"G. Whiz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.aspnetresources.com/blog/godaddy.aspx
>
> GODADDY!

Darren Kopp

Go Daddy has both ASP.NET 1.x and 2.0, just make sure you get a windows
server. I use webhost4life and have been happy with the space and
bandwidth. I used to use 1and1, and they are a great webhost, but no
2.0 support yet.

http://www.webhost4life.com/default....fid=darrenkopp
http://www.1and1.com/

HTH,
Darren Kopp
http://blog.secudocs.com/

Jonathan Wood

Thanks for the info!

--
Jonathan Wood
SoftCircuits
http://www.softcircuits.com
Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm

"Darren Kopp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Go Daddy has both ASP.NET 1.x and 2.0, just make sure you get a windows
> server. I use webhost4life and have been happy with the space and
> bandwidth. I used to use 1and1, and they are a great webhost, but no
> 2.0 support yet.
>
> http://www.webhost4life.com/default....fid=darrenkopp
> http://www.1and1.com/
>
> HTH,
> Darren Kopp
> http://blog.secudocs.com/

G. Whiz

what in tarnation did i just send you?

Jonathan Wood

G. Whiz,

> what in tarnation did i just send you?

Huh?

You sent me a reference to GoDaddy.com.

A site I'm familiar with but when I looked, I still found no mention of
..NET. So I thought I'd try to get verification that they did in fact support
..NET and ask about your own site to see if I could get even more
information. All of which you've ignored.

I can see you prefer to keep your conversations simple. I apologize for
attempting to go beyond your single-line response.

--
Jonathan Wood
SoftCircuits

Darren Kopp

http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hostin...isc=asphost054

That page has the GoDaddy information you are looking for.

HTH,
Darren Kopp
http://blog.secudocs.com/

Jonathan Wood

Thanks for the link. Definitely a cheap plan. Maybe a little too cheap?

Thanks again.

--
Jonathan Wood
SoftCircuits
http://www.softcircuits.com

"Darren Kopp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hostin...isc=asphost054
>
> That page has the GoDaddy information you are looking for.
>
> HTH,
> Darren Kopp
> http://blog.secudocs.com/

Darren Kopp

GoDaddy is now the #1 shared host according to netcraft, so I don't
know. It may be $6.95 + domain name. I haven't used GoDaddy so I
can't tell you for sure. Here's the link to the netcraft article -
http://news.netcraft.com/archives/20...uge_gains.html.

-Darren Kopp
http://blog.secudocs.com/