Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Visual Web Developer does not support opening a sharepoint web sit

Visual Web Developer does not support opening a sharepoint web sit

=?Utf-8?B?Q0JLb3dpdHo=?=

I installed VS 2005 and went to open one of my VS 2003 solutions. It's a web
page and when I opened it, it went through it's 'conversion' and now I get
an this error: Unable to open the web .../TestCBSInfo.proj Visual Web
Developer does not support opening SharePoint Web Sites. See Help for more
details.

What is wrong here and how do I fix it?

Thanks.

Christopher Reed

I believe the problem is that SharePoint websites still use 1.1 libraries
associated with SharePoint Services.

Look here for more information:
http://blogs.msdn.com/mikefitz/archi...17/397775.aspx

--