Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Favor

Favor

slatconsulting

Could some savvy Firefox user please copy and paste the contents of their
userChrome-example.css and userContent.css files? I've followed
instructions to a tee, but the flashing ads and other things still bedevil
me.

Thanks.

gwtc

slatconsulting wrote:

> Could some savvy Firefox user please copy and paste the contents of their
> userChrome-example.css and userContent.css files? I've followed
> instructions to a tee, but the flashing ads and other things still bedevil
> me.
>
> Thanks.

what I have in my files might not be for you. I have special settings
in mine and others have different things in theirs. If I posted what
I have, you might come back here screeming there's something wrong
with FF.

Therefore, what is it you're trying to do and want.

As for the userChrome-example.css -- get rid of the "-example." That
might be your problem, whatever it is.

mike555

slatconsulting wrote:
> Could some savvy Firefox user please copy and paste the contents of their
> userChrome-example.css and userContent.css files? I've followed
> instructions to a tee, but the flashing ads and other things still bedevil
> me.
>
> Thanks.

===== you should get the extension "AdBlock Plus" and the updater
from...
http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=774 (middle of
page) ====

Leonidas Jones

mike555 wrote:
> slatconsulting wrote:
>> Could some savvy Firefox user please copy and paste the contents of their
>> userChrome-example.css and userContent.css files? I've followed
>> instructions to a tee, but the flashing ads and other things still bedevil
>> me.
>>
>> Thanks.

> ===== you should get the extension "AdBlock Plus" and the updater
> from...
> http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=774 (middle of
> page) ====

As another option, I dumped AdBlock a long time back,finding it was
causing more trouble then it was worth. Through the use of the script
on this page:

http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/adblock

added to userContent.css, and a good hosts file, I find AdBlock to be
unnecessary.

Lee

slatconsulting

gwtc <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:diq9d3$3io$(E-Mail Removed):

> slatconsulting wrote:
>
>> Could some savvy Firefox user please copy and paste the contents of
>> their userChrome-example.css and userContent.css files? I've followed
>> instructions to a tee, but the flashing ads and other things still
>> bedevil me.
>>
>> Thanks.

> what I have in my files might not be for you. I have special settings
> in mine and others have different things in theirs. If I posted what
> I have, you might come back here screeming there's something wrong
> with FF.
>
> Therefore, what is it you're trying to do and want.
>
> As for the userChrome-example.css -- get rid of the "-example." That
> might be your problem, whatever it is.

Okay. Thank you.