Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Upgrade Question

Upgrade Question

Phil Barber

I upgraded a Web project from VS2003 to VS2005. everything went well, but I
have all these
XXXX.resx entries in the solution explorer. there is one resx entry for each
web form. If I remove them it causes errors. So my question is can I hide
them? or how do I get rid of them?
granted its no big deal it's just clutter in the solution explorer.
Phil.

Eliyahu Goldin

Phil,

Removing .resx files should not cause any errors unless you specifically
store some resource in them. What errors do you get?

The following info is taking from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/re...net.asp#issue6
Issue 6: Orphaned resx files
Visual Studio .NET 2003 generated a resx (resource) file for Web forms and
user controls. In general, users did not use them since they were
auto-generated and could potentially overwrite user-added code.

After conversion, these resx files are not deleted since the migration
wizard is not sure if the user has added resources that need to be saved.

How to fix
Review the generated resx files and save user data to its own resource file.
It is fine to combine this data into one resource file.

Move the resource file to the special folders App_GlobalResources or
App_LocalResources as appropriate so it is available to your Web
application.

After saving the user data in this way, delete the generated resx files from
your Web project.

Eliyahu

news:(E-Mail Removed)...