Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > NEWBIE - Learning how to pull SQL not in Grid or Details view

NEWBIE - Learning how to pull SQL not in Grid or Details view

Phillip Vong

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I'm learning with Visual Web Developer 2005.

I've read and watched many videos on how to connect to SQL and getting the
information in details view and grid view. Can someone point me in the
right directions on where I might be able to learn how to pull only certain
information out and putting them where I want? Books, sites or videos?

ex.

Search person: {textBox1} where people would put in name.

nambeLABEL: {namefromSQL table 1}

Acct#: {acct#fromSQL table 2} of course table 1 & 2 will already know each
other.

Basically, I want to learn how to minipulate the data cell by cell and not
in the details or grid view format.

Thanks

Newbie

Paul Zanbaka

If you already have connection established you can click on Databse Explorer
Go to your connection and Drag the table you want
VWD creates a grid view for you

Paul Zanbaka
www.mycodekb.com

news:erCxS%(E-Mail Removed)...