Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET applications not working??

ASP.NET applications not working??

Naveen

Hi,
I'm new to deploying ASP.NET applications. So got a few sample apps
like DotNetNuke and others and tried to run them on the webhost account
i have. But every time it gives the same error --

Runtime Error
custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the
application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It
could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server
machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be
viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within
a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the
current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its
"mode" attribute set to "Off".

URL's --
http://naveen.yfsindia.org/pix/ -- Picture Gallery
http://naveen.yfsindia.org/dnn/ -- DotNetNuke
http://naveen.yfsindia.org/dn2/ -- NetFlashGraphs

Though i've done the abovementioned changes, but still the error
persists. Also, my webhost says that there is some error in the code
and i've also granted permissions to the ASPNET user on all the
application directories.

Where am i going wrong??

Thanks
Naveen

S. Justin Gengo [MCP]

Naveen,

The one thing I can think of to help you get the error message, which is
what you'll need to trouble-shoot this, is to make certain that you are
setting the customErrors tag in the proper web.config file. In ASP.NET 2.0
it is possible to have a web.config file for separate folders of a site. And
it's the folder for the file in question who's web.config file needs to be
set.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP