Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > firefox quit and wont work

firefox quit and wont work

Vernon

I had a problem with the Internet. FF quit working.

I got IE working but not FF.

I uninstaalled FF, restarted the computer, reinstalled FF, restarted the
computer, and still nothing but the FF scree.
No Internet connection except it seems update works (goes through the
motions)
I cleaned up the registry, I think.
I did a system restore.

Nothing on the tool bar works, (File, edit, bookmarks, tools, help)(no
pull down menus)

The One

"Vernon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:434aa0ef$0$5443$(E-Mail Removed) g.com...
> I had a problem with the Internet. FF quit working.
>
> I got IE working but not FF.
>
> I uninstaalled FF, restarted the computer, reinstalled FF, restarted the
> computer, and still nothing but the FF scree.
> No Internet connection except it seems update works (goes through the
> motions)
> I cleaned up the registry, I think.
> I did a system restore.
>
> Nothing on the tool bar works, (File, edit, bookmarks, tools, help)(no
> pull down menus)

FF is shite, im fed up of it refusing to work at random intervals.

Doug G

Vernon wrote:
> I had a problem with the Internet. FF quit working.
>
> I got IE working but not FF.
>
> I uninstaalled FF, restarted the computer, reinstalled FF, restarted the
> computer, and still nothing but the FF scree.
> No Internet connection except it seems update works (goes through the
> motions)
> I cleaned up the registry, I think.
> I did a system restore.
>
> Nothing on the tool bar works, (File, edit, bookmarks, tools, help)(no
> pull down menus)

An incompatible theme or extension may be the culprit. Try starting
Firefox in Safe Mode (themes and extensions are disabled in Safe Mode).
Look for the Firefox (Safe Mode) shortcut on Windows' Start menu.

Your Firefox profile may be broken, try creating a new one.

Old Gringo

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:12:16 -0700, in the alt.fan.mozilla News
Group, Without Any Hesitation Vernon Wrote The Following:

> I had a problem with the Internet. FF quit working.
>
> I got IE working but not FF.
>
> I uninstaalled FF, restarted the computer, reinstalled FF, restarted the
> computer, and still nothing but the FF scree.
> No Internet connection except it seems update works (goes through the
> motions)
> I cleaned up the registry, I think.
> I did a system restore.
>
> Nothing on the tool bar works, (File, edit, bookmarks, tools, help)(no
> pull down menus)

Do you have a home page set for FireFox? In the address bar type in
google.com or yahoo.com and see if it will go there.
--
Old Gringo
The Future Is Not What It Use To Be

Old Gringo

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:49:54 +0100, in the alt.fan.mozilla News
Group, Without Any Hesitation The One Wrote The Following:

> "Vernon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:434aa0ef$0$5443$(E-Mail Removed) g.com...
>> I had a problem with the Internet. FF quit working.
>>
>> I got IE working but not FF.
>>
>> I uninstaalled FF, restarted the computer, reinstalled FF, restarted the
>> computer, and still nothing but the FF scree.
>> No Internet connection except it seems update works (goes through the
>> motions)
>> I cleaned up the registry, I think.
>> I did a system restore.
>>
>> Nothing on the tool bar works, (File, edit, bookmarks, tools, help)(no
>> pull down menus)

> FF is shite, im fed up of it refusing to work at random intervals.

I have never experienced any problems with FireFox (stand alone), on
occasion however I get an extension that is not quite right and then
may have a minor problem. Other than that it seems to run flawlessly
and I really enjoy the ease of use and the user friendliness of the
Browser itself.
--
Old Gringo
The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
Freedom For The World 10/10/05 2:21:07 PM
http://www.nuboy-industries.com

Leonidas Jones

Old Gringo wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:12:16 -0700, in the alt.fan.mozilla News
> Group, Without Any Hesitation Vernon Wrote The Following:
>
>> I had a problem with the Internet. FF quit working.
>>
>> I got IE working but not FF.
>>
>> I uninstaalled FF, restarted the computer, reinstalled FF, restarted the
>> computer, and still nothing but the FF scree.
>> No Internet connection except it seems update works (goes through the
>> motions)
>> I cleaned up the registry, I think.
>> I did a system restore.
>>
>> Nothing on the tool bar works, (File, edit, bookmarks, tools, help)(no
>> pull down menus)

> Do you have a home page set for FireFox? In the address bar type in
> google.com or yahoo.com and see if it will go there.

Also check for a firewall issue. If you are running a software
firewall, check its configuration to allow FF to access.

Lee

Vernon

Old Gringo wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:12:16 -0700, in the alt.fan.mozilla News
> Group, Without Any Hesitation Vernon Wrote The Following:
>

>>I had a problem with the Internet. FF quit working.
>>
>>I got IE working but not FF.
>>
>>I uninstaalled FF, restarted the computer, reinstalled FF, restarted the
>>computer, and still nothing but the FF scree.
>>No Internet connection except it seems update works (goes through the
>>motions)
>>I cleaned up the registry, I think.
>>I did a system restore.
>>
>>Nothing on the tool bar works, (File, edit, bookmarks, tools, help)(no
>>pull down menus)

> Do you have a home page set for FireFox? In the address bar type in
> google.com or yahoo.com and see if it will go there.

Address bar won't take anything.

Vernon

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Old Gringo wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:12:16 -0700, in the alt.fan.mozilla News
>> Group, Without Any Hesitation Vernon Wrote The Following:
>>
>>> I had a problem with the Internet. FF quit working.
>>>
>>> I got IE working but not FF.
>>>
>>> I uninstaalled FF, restarted the computer, reinstalled FF, restarted
>>> the computer, and still nothing but the FF scree.
>>> No Internet connection except it seems update works (goes through the
>>> motions)
>>> I cleaned up the registry, I think.
>>> I did a system restore.
>>>
>>> Nothing on the tool bar works, (File, edit, bookmarks, tools,
>>> help)(no pull down menus)

>> Do you have a home page set for FireFox? In the address bar type in
>> google.com or yahoo.com and see if it will go there.

> Also check for a firewall issue. If you are running a software
> firewall, check its configuration to allow FF to access.
>
> Lee

Killed all firewalls and took out a router.

Leonidas Jones

Vernon wrote:
> Old Gringo wrote:
>> On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:12:16 -0700, in the alt.fan.mozilla News
>> Group, Without Any Hesitation Vernon Wrote The Following:
>>

>>> I had a problem with the Internet. FF quit working.
>>>
>>> I got IE working but not FF.
>>>
>>> I uninstaalled FF, restarted the computer, reinstalled FF, restarted
>>> the computer, and still nothing but the FF scree.
>>> No Internet connection except it seems update works (goes through the
>>> motions)
>>> I cleaned up the registry, I think.
>>> I did a system restore.
>>>
>>> Nothing on the tool bar works, (File, edit, bookmarks, tools,
>>> help)(no pull down menus)

>> Do you have a home page set for FireFox? In the address bar type in
>> google.com or yahoo.com and see if it will go there.

> Address bar won't take anything.

Okay, advice is getting mixed here. Lets start with Safe Mode:

Start>>Programs>>Mozilla Firefox Safe Mode.

This disables all extensions. Does it work in Safe Mode?

If not, try a new profile. With Firefox closed, Start>>Run

Type firefox.exe -p in the field. Note the space after exe, it is
important.

This should open Profile Manager, and allow you to create a new profile
for test purposes. Open FF in the new profile, will it connect?

Lets see how this goes, before trying more.

Lee

Vernon

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Vernon wrote:
>
>> Old Gringo wrote:

>>> Do you have a home page set for FireFox? In the address bar type in
>>> google.com or yahoo.com and see if it will go there.

>> Address bar won't take anything.

> Okay, advice is getting mixed here. Lets start with Safe Mode:
>
> Start>>Programs>>Mozilla Firefox Safe Mode.
>
> This disables all extensions. Does it work in Safe Mode?
>
> If not, try a new profile. With Firefox closed, Start>>Run
>
> Type firefox.exe -p in the field. Note the space after exe, it is
> important.
>
> This should open Profile Manager, and allow you to create a new profile
> for test purposes. Open FF in the new profile, will it connect?
>
> Lets see how this goes, before trying more.
>
> Lee

THAT worked.

Of course I don't have all my favorites and stored passwords.

BTW, safe mode was no better.

Thanks

Re: firefox quit working Rom Firefox 0 05-02-2008 09:19 AM
Re: firefox quit working Lukan Firefox 0 05-02-2008 05:46 AM
wont start,wont stop hunty Computer Support 4 06-04-2006 05:26 PM
Have to DUMP Firefox. Wont work now :( Home Theatre Guy Firefox 9 05-27-2006 10:08 AM
Firefox (Debian Linux) won't quit ANC Firefox 6 04-01-2006 03:17 PM

Advertisments