Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > bandwidth test

bandwidth test

Vernon

Have firefox and FasterFox 0.7.4

I get nothing but errors on bandwidth tester.

I have disabled all firewalls except the router, disabled all security,
and protection.

Ideas?

gwtc

Vernon wrote:

> Have firefox and FasterFox 0.7.4
>
> I get nothing but errors on bandwidth tester.
>
> I have disabled all firewalls except the router, disabled all security,
> and protection.
>
> Ideas?

What the author fails to tell you is that not every site can handle
pipelining.

Jim Scott

I ran this one without a problem http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/
--
Jim
Tyneside UK

Jim Scott

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 12:25:56 -0700, Vernon wrote:

> Have firefox and FasterFox 0.7.4
>
> I get nothing but errors on bandwidth tester.
>
> I have disabled all firewalls except the router, disabled all security,
> and protection.
>
> Ideas?

I just installed and tried the bandwidth extension and that ran ok too.
--
Jim
Tyneside UK

Vernon

Jim Scott wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 12:25:56 -0700, Vernon wrote:
>

>>Have firefox and FasterFox 0.7.4
>>
>>I get nothing but errors on bandwidth tester.
>>
>>I have disabled all firewalls except the router, disabled all security,
>>and protection.
>>
>>Ideas?

> I ran this one without a problem http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

Thanks. That runs as well as others. Not the FastFox one.

I get 2.3 Megabits per second.

Vernon

Jim Scott wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 12:25:56 -0700, Vernon wrote:
>

>>Have firefox and FasterFox 0.7.4
>>
>>I get nothing but errors on bandwidth tester.
>>
>>I have disabled all firewalls except the router, disabled all security,
>>and protection.
>>
>>Ideas?

> I just installed and tried the bandwidth extension and that ran ok too.

I just uninstalled bandwidth, uninstalled FasterFox, reinstalled
FasterFox, reinstalled Bandwidth.

It now works.