Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET internet up/download speed test

ASP.NET internet up/download speed test

David R.

Is there a way to measure and report the up/download speed between the
server and the client browser using ASP.NET 2.0 C#?

Bruce Barker

the usual way is write some client script, or a java applet that does the
test. to test download, have client script request a large doc in a hidden
frame and time it (several times). for a upload, test the script do a large
post, again in a hidden frame, and count the time. after tests, post the
values back to the server.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"David R." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way to measure and report the up/download speed between the
> server and the client browser using ASP.NET 2.0 C#?

Bob

That's interesting. Do you know of any sample source code on the internet?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...